Our Mission and Vision
A vision statement is about, “Where are we going?”
A mission statement answers this question by responding with, “How are we getting there?”
COMMUNITY’s vision and mission statement are inspired by the life of Jesus Christ.
Our Vision: Becoming Like Jesus Together.
Our Mission: Growing Together in Relationship with JESUS, in COMMUNITY with others, and in Ministry to the WORLD.
Our Core Values
OUR CORE VALUES help us become the COMMUNITY we believe God is calling us to be. These are the non-negotiable convictions and priorities that guide all our ministries as a church family. They are the principles which keep us moving toward Becoming Like Jesus Together.
Growing Together in Relationship with Jesus (UP)
- Engaged in Scripture – 2 Timothy 3:14-17
- We are a COMMUNITY who engages in the living, active Word of God as the foundation for our lives.
- Immersed in Prayer – Philippians 4:6
- We are a COMMUNITY immersed in prayer as we continuously listen to God’s will and direction.
Growing Together in COMMUNITY with Others (IN)
- Devoted to physical, emotional, and spiritual Health – James 5:14-20
- We are a COMMUNITY devoted to nurturing the physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of ourselves and others.
- Invested in Intergenerational Relationships – Psalm 145:4
- We are a COMMUNITY who authentically invests in developing and strengthening relationships across all generations.
Growing Together in Ministry to the WORLD (OUT)
- Loving our neighbor – Romans 12:9-16
- We are a COMMUNITY who loves our neighbor by embodying the principles of B.L.E.S.S. (Begin with prayer, Listen with care, Eat together, Serve with love, and Share your story) as we engage the world.
- Welcoming All – Revelation 7:9
- We are a COMMUNITY who intentionally welcomes and humbly grows in solidarity in order to become a multicultural, multiethnic family.